New Site Coming Soon....

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ironman Wisconsin 2012 - September 9th, 2012


Well here we go again...I signed up for the 2012 version of Ironman Wisconsin and I am already chomping at the bit to get back to IM racing. There is a not a doubt in my mind that taking a year off from IM racing was the best possible decision for me. I feel very rested, and that I took a lot out of the past year in training to prep me well for 2012. I have learned a lot about myself as a triathlete, both, mentally and physically. I have learned what my body needs in training, and what type of workouts work and do not work. Also I feel that I have a much firmer hold on my nutrition, a huge step forward, after having absolutely no idea what I was doing at IMWI last year.

The race is just under a year away so it is way too far out to make any judgment of what I can accomplish, but I do have a good idea of what I want to accomplish come September 9th. I do know what I want out of this race and that is my best damn effort that I can muster. I want to be able to really put myself out there and finish with nothing left in the tank. I do not want to fold my cards so to speak at any point and not settle for walking the marathon, however, I will be use a walk strategy into my race plan, because it is just plain silly to think I can and will run the whole distance...just plain silly.

While last year was all about being a first-timer and experience it through that thought, now that I have 2 years of training I am a lot stronger and much smarter. That said this coming year will be a little more tricky. I will have the benefit of working a more stable job, and thus a much more routine schedule to my training, with less hours spent at work as well. I will, however, encounter some big obstacles to scheduling my training. I know fur sure that I will have weddings to attend on Aug 4th, 19, and 26th, heh right in the thick of my biggest build going into IMWI. I also may be spending a week in June in Jamaica for a friend's wedding, it's already looking like I will have an early mid-season break.

The biggest change for next year and biggest help is that my friend Eric has decided to race IMWI with me, and in that, I have one hell of a training partner. He lives in Madison so I will get to train with him alot on my training days in Madison, mostly on the IM course. This will be great as I will have someone of very similar abilities and goals as well. Hopefully we put the hurt on each other all summer, and dig out some spectactular performances next September in Madison together.

One thing I want to be very adament about and honest about. I will not give any time goal for this race at all. That destroyed me mentally last year, and partially ruined the entire race experience. I am sure that I will got into the race with a good idea of what time I can put in, but I refuse to make any time goal of any sort just to save myself from any disappointment if I over shoot my time at all.

So there you have it, year number 2 of eating, sleeping, and breathing everything that is IM. This year should be much more different, easier in ways, harder in others, but one thing is for sure and that is I will make sure to put myself in the best possible shape to deliver big on September 9th 2012. Can't wait!




Get Work Done
BC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home