New Site Coming Soon....

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

test

Lately I have been trying really hard to slow down the swim, bike, run and focus more on the things that I may have neglected during the summer. I have been trying to spend much more time with friends and family and got that chance this past weekend spending a couple nights with friends and the entire day Sunday with the family. I was able to see Zombieland on Friday and go out with friends on Saturday night after work.

I have not had much of a desire since Lake Geneva to get back on my bike. I do not feel any type of drive or much of an interest in riding, however, I feel as if I still have the drive and motivation to work on my swimming and running. I went for a 7 mile run Friday and felt good for the most part. I still find time to run 2 or 3 times a week and still manage to get in the pool about 2 times a week as well.

I am starting to build my training program for Iroman Wisconsin next year. I will do a specific 24 week training program that will start on March 28th. I plan on using the month of March as my chance to get some base miles in and I will spend the winter in the weight room along with some time in the pool trying to better my stroke. My goal this offseason in the pool is to really nail down my stroke and become more efficient in the water. More efficient=faster pace and less energy spent.

As I have been putting together my training program I am also setting my goals for next year, which, all revolve around IMWI. I have decided that I want to run a sub 11 hour race in my first Ironman. Now I know that I may be setting the bar a little too high but I feel that 12 hours is just to slow of a goal time. Maybe I am underestimating just truly how hard an Ironman is, or maybe I am just underestimating how hard I will work over the next year and just how great my potential is. To find that goal of 11 hours I have also picked out split time goals. For swimming I want to complete the course in 1:10 or less, that means I need to swim at a 1:51 pace. For the bike portion I want to finish the course in less then 6 hours, meaning I will need to go faster then 18.7 mph. And finally, this may be the part that I am underestimating the most but I want to finish the run in 3:40 or complete each mile in 8 minutes and 25 seconds. That means I will walk hardly at all during the marathon to do this. Maybe I am making this sub 11 hour goal a little too high of a goal, or maybe I will have run of my life on Ironman day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home